The Boy Avengers - Karl Flinders I've been wracking my brain trying to figure how to write a review extolling the virtues of a book filled with loving descriptions of pederasty without coming off like a creep. And I just can't. I'm not sure it's possible. So I'm not going to try. I'll just write what I think, and if that makes me a creep, then so be it.

First off, this book is batshit insane. Seriously, it is unbelievably obscene. It takes a special kind of psychotic courage to write a book about schoolboys running around raping each other and 11-year-old boys soliciting the advances of 69-year-old men. It takes a special kind of genius to make said book funny and engaging. It has the same can't-look-away appeal of crime scene photos or stories of people being eaten by crocodiles. Everything that happens in this book is horrible. Everything. And I'm ashamed of myself for having so thoroughly enjoyed it. It's just that it's so well-written and clever, and awful. So, so awful, guys. But so good.