Irregulars - Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Josh Lanyon I think I dreamed this book. No, really. It cannot be possible that four MM titans have come together to write a spectacular alternative-world anthology that is so awesome, so creative, so coherent and unputdownable that I've been awake for 36 hours gobbling it up. Like, that just does't happen. It's too good to be true. It's all of my birthdays at once (and Christmases too - if I wasn't agnostic). So, I have, in a wonderful, wonderful dream, created this book and enjoyed it immensely.

I generally don't like anthologies, they're choppy and disjointed and if the stories are any good, they're mostly too short for my liking. But what a brilliant idea this was. It's really four novellas about a secret agency that polices magical stuff on Earth, each story is distinct but themes and characters recur throughout and that's what makes the whole thing work. Even the perspective shifts are interesting and well-thought out. The romance aspect is not central to any of the stories, in fact, it kinda feels like the icing on the awesome-cake. Okay, I think I've gushed enough. I have one more word and it is more. Please.