Know Not Why - Hannah  Johnson I'm having one of those weeks where I just really need a hug. I really, really needed to read something with no angst, no bitterness, no unnecessary violence; something that's sweet without making me roll my eyes too much and funny enough to keep me entertained. This was it. My literary hug. In a huge way. It was exactly what I needed right now. There's no melodrama, no mystery and very little conflict. It's about (and narrated by) Howie, who, can I just say, is goddamn hilarious. I don't know whether my threshold for funny has been lowered or what, but I laughed my black little heart out. He is the king of side-splitting spastic monologues (and the banter, oh god, the banter!). He's this very ordinary guy, with these very ordinary post-adolescent insecurities. The story revolves around his relationships with the various people in his life. With his attraction to his (male) boss taking a starring role. But, see, this isn't like M/M romance; it's more a coming of age comedy. There's nothing explicit about it, it's just unbelievably sweet and awesome. There's no plot to speak of, and I couldn't have cared less. Plus, I liked every single person in this book. Seriously, ALL OF THEM. That is so rare. That an author can come up with such a diverse cast of lovable characters, all of them unique and every one of them someone I would totally hang out with, is a freaking miracle. I'm not sure if it's just the mood I'm in, but this book was heartfelt and wonderful. So screw all you guys who end up not liking it. It is freaking golden.