Close Protection - Cordelia Kingsbridge Gah! Why do I do this to myself? Again! Again I've started reading fantastic online fic that is a work-in-progress. Even though patience is not a thing I have in spades. I started reading kind of blindly, blown away by the high rating and then I realized it wasn't finished yet and I honestly cried a little bit. But then I got over myself and read everything that was available until 2am in the morning before I had to get up at 6am to work a 24 hour shift. That was not a smart idea, let me tell you. But I don't regret it.

This story is brilliant. It's about a too-honorable bodyguard and a supremely oversexed teenager, doused in huge amounts of sexual tension and set against a backdrop of improbable wealth. So, it's not exactly gritty reality, but it's so delicious that I was perfectly able to suspend my disbelief with no ill effects. The next update is meant to be today, so let me get back to refreshing the page every 15 seconds for the rest of the weekend.

18/11/12 - Final chapter today! Okay, so in retrospect that was a massively long story, but it never stopped being awesome. Loved Ryder and Luca, loved the drama, and the hotness. Especially loved that Cordelia Kingsbridge is the most regular updater on all of the internet. Excellent story.