Touching Evil - Rob Knight I found this book to be weirdly mild, considering it's about a deranged serial killer. Well, not about him so much as he provides the mystery half of this mystery/romance. The other half is Greg, understandably neurotic psychic, and Artie, big blond cop. Now, see, those last three words are what motivated me to read this book in the first place. I can't resist a book about big blond cops. But as for the rest of it, the romance felt sort of unfulfilling (even if the sex was hot), and the writing style was weird. Very monosyllabic. Lots of: "Yeah. That is. Just. God."Sucked me right out of the narrative. The serial killer, who was horrible and interesting, was never fleshed out particularly well. And also, the honey-babe-ing Artie was doing with his female partner really started to grate after a while. I mean, I did enjoy it, but in a lackluster way which I think had a lot to do with the writing style. But don't let my petty complaints deter you, it's not a bad novel.