Above All - Jane Elliot * I apologize in advance for any inadvertent squeeing that may occur in this review.

That was amazing. Seriously, I'm sitting here with this big smile on my face and I feel like I could just float away on the awesomeness. This was a wonderful book about a cantankerous engineer who ends up taking care of a homeless PTSD survivor after running him over. It's a very well-written and easy to read book. I started having anxiety about finishing very early on because I kind of wanted it to go on forever. The strength of this book lies in the brilliant characterization of Jasper, the engineer; a 40-something genius who is really a big child on the inside. He is seriously funny and ridiculous. A bit like Brain (from Pinky and the Brain) meets House (from House M.D.). Brian, the other half the romantic entanglement, is less well-defined in my head, but he was still a great character. The romance was very beautifully done; it was an extremely slow-burn kind of thing and the sex doesn't happen until after 90%. And here's the thing, the sex was decidedly unsexy, but it was written so honestly and compassionately that it's probably one of the greatest things I've ever read. I really liked that we're given this situation where two men in their forties are fumbling around like teenagers, the whole thing was just so sweet and endearing. Okay, that's all I've got to say about that. I'm just going to sit here and and enjoy the afterglow of this book a little bit longer.